If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Monday, April 6, 2015

If I Am Among Those Who Forget The Past
Unity Consciousness #154

The first to forget the past are the first to be last.
To forget about the past is to forget experience, hindsight, lessons learned and wisdom.
It is the past that helps me understand what is happening right now. When I combine that understanding with what I am doing now, I can more appropriately influence the future.

Hindsight, combined with insight, improves foresight.
A better understanding of the past leads to a better understanding of the future.
Forget about the past and I will ensure I will be lost now and in the future. Why? Because the past helps provide a sense of bearing as to the better way to go and the better things to do.
Life is a process that contains many individually distinguishable events inextricably connected. One of these past events is birth. Do I want to forget about my birth since it is in the past? If I am one who forgets about the past then I might as well also forget about the Creator. That was in the past. The Creator is the most past thing in existence. The Creator happened a long time ago, so just like the rest of the past, what does the Creator have to do with today?

What the Creator set in motion and still sustains is critical to today. This is also true of the rest of the past.

The past is essential and critical to existence. Today would not be today without the past.
If I seek to forget the past, it is because I do not know enough of the past. I do not know the parts I wish to forget are less than the parts I wish to remember; however, by attempting to forget the past, I sacrifice the benefit of consciously remembering both the parts I like and don't like.

To forget the past is to forget the world, history and that the past, the world and history are the same things.
I will always be subject to the current configuration of the world. If I attempt to forget the past I voluntarily forfeit ability to access the last known good configuration in order to reconfigure the present.

I cannot escape the past of self nor the past of others. The past does not need anyone to acknowledge it or admit to it in order for the past to affect the present. Just because humans say something is over or doesn't matter any more does not make it so. Humans don't run this. Humans did not set this universe up. This understanding comes from the past.

If I am agreeable to forgetting the past I should also forget what I learned in the past and only rely on what I learn today and throw the rest away. This sounds crazy like ill logic because to forget the past is a form of mental illness. This is true whether or not the forgetting was by force or by choice. This is true for Victims A and Victims B.

Understanding is nutrition and understanding comes after the fact, just like nutrition. The past feeds my ability to have a healthy sense of self and all else.

To forget about the past is to admit I am ashamed of the past and afraid of the past. If this is my current impression, it will also be my current expression. The future can only hold more of the same.