If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Coming Into The Self Once Known | Poem
Unity Consciousness #336

.

Coming Into The Self Once Known

by Ancestors through Usiku


I am seeing into you singing
Using the core of our being
Healing the world with music
From behind temple curtains
The rest of me is there uncertain
In spaces between words
Where deeper joys can't emerge
Through guilt and pain
And lies told to soul and brain
That innocence contributes to sin
Cleansing begins where blame ends

I am hearing into you singing
Truth is clearing fear from our being
Healing medicine when I use it
Understanding growing from nutrition
Uniting and perfecting
Filling spaces so joys can merge
Into one glorious full range song
Transcending curtains
The best of me is everywhere, I'm certain