Importance & Impact Of Identity1. Your identity is the context through which you compare, check and filter all other understandings. Everything you understand is colored by every context in your identity. This single reason should be enough to motivate you to learn more about what your identity consists of. Make a list and then study the context(s) behind each aspect of your identity. This process will be self-revealing and healing if you are willing. See Number One Thing You & Everyone Else Must Learn, Unity Consciousness #421
Identity Also...2. is a basic spiritual need.
3. is part of your nutrition. Without nutrition, the four inseparable aspects of self are too weak to recognize their interconnected interrelationship, thus they do not function as one, even though they are one thing in four dimensions.
4. is a dimension that contains many dimensions. Identity is not one thing, it is composed of many things.
5. strongly determines what you think is your destiny, purpose, dream, career, job.
6. strongly determines how you use your abilities and other resources.
7. impacts your relationship will all other aspects of creation, including humans. Identity also impacts your relationship with the portion of the natural world commonly called nature. How can you live harmoniously with people when you have not learned from natural world examples? Your perception of the Creator, God, the Supreme Being or Highest Power is responsible for this.
8. impacts unity within and without. Many aspects of your identity can't help but be in conflict with each other because they are not consistent with the natural world context. The pieced together components of your identity are not patterned after a balance-seeking system such as the ecosystem. This causes individuals and families and nations to choose values that can't help but contradict each other. This causes individuals and families and nations to be chaotic and eventually fall apart. Feel familiar?
9. is self-esteem.
10. makes you stronger or weaker. Identity is powerful. (This power has been so nullified by lack of proper identity, we are terrified of this power, thus terrified of our true selves.)
11. is the seed from which love emerges. Your understanding of love comes from your understanding of your identity. (7+ Basic Signs Of Insecure Love, Unity Consciousness #335)
12. informs you as to what is best for you or what works against you. This comes from your identity. The decisions you think you are making all the time about what is best for you and what is not is already determined by your identity. All you are doing each time a decision comes up is refer to your identity. The information you quickly and automatically get from your stored identity is then placed into your thought process and the decision is made.
13. determines how you identify other things.
14. determines the ways you will go as you try to find your way to the Heaven of Heavens. “...when a cultural worldview’s conceptual system is primed with assumptions that limit reality to what the five senses perceive, forces external to an individual can easily be manipulated to define human identity and worth. For example, external characteristics, such as physical appearance, income, position, and education become the basis for measuring human worth. Such externalization not only fosters a sense of insecurity, fearfulness, and alienation, not to mention unbridled materialism, individualism, and competition, but it predisposes individuals to anxiety, depression, addictions, and violence. It also results in the systematic privileging of certain individuals and groups over others by virtue of race, gender, and class.”
Myers, Linda James, & Shinn, David H., "Appreciating Traditional Forms of Healing Conflict in Africa and the World," Black Diaspora Review 2(1) (2010, Fall), p. 4., https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/handle/2022/9471 By now I'm sure you've sensed that without the proper identity, you will be short-changed and dysfunctional. But it feels normal in a full-fledged dysfunctional society because its socially acceptable.