If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Energy Efficient


My writing persona requires high-octane energy, the best energy of the day, to sift and organize the steady flow of random thoughts and experiences until the spaces between words and moments creatively become connectors rather than separators.

If I allow material things and concerns to consume this energy, meaningful relationships will never materialize. Rejuvenating energy born of the beautiful relationships between words, images, feelings, art and life will not come into existence and feed me from within.

However when my thought priorities and action priorities are aligned with my purpose there is a self refilling that frequents me like an overactive bladder insisting that I constantly empty my mind of urgent artistic fullness. Despite these repeated interruptions, my self is always on call to inspiration’s prolific behavior because there is a catharsis to creative communication, an evolution to the unleashing of emotions that saves me, replenishes my spiritual energy. When my spiritual energy and best physical energy merge, I am propelled outside my ordinary orbit into serene spaces where writing and breathing are one.

Experiencing this, I must always affirm that my energy follows my belief, whether I direct it or allow it to be drawn from me. Energy can either flow back and forth between the things I focus on or be absorbed by the object of my attention. At the end of each day, this alone will determine whether I am drained and energy deficient or sustained and energy efficient.

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,