If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Traffic Jams & Writer’s Block


I just realized I can control traffic.

Traffic is not a function of me and others on the same road at the same time. Traffic is a function of me and my decisions. If I leave at a different time, allow more time to travel, take a different route or do all three, traffic is not an issue.

In fact, doing these things makes me more prepared and adaptable overall. I’ve already learned to adjust my feeding time or call ahead and pickpocket Peter to placate Paul whenever I eat out. Now, if I can just fully apply the basic principles of preparation and adaptability to whatever has me sometimes stuck in thought, unable to get off the writer’s block.

Luckily, I realize I don’t have to think about thinking or writing when my life is in order and contains a natural variety, because I don’t run into writer’s block. A tiny portion of activities I enjoy are critical analysis of daily encounters, writing multiple things at once, exercising, music and its byproducts, exchanging thoughts with others, helping others who want to help others and reading, especially brief eclectic items. Although these things have become a part of me without writer’s block in mind, they seem to give my thoughts perfect travel conditions.

If I want to avoid traffic jams of any type, I must avoid accumulating artificial intelligence and artificial activity which causes me to think, and thus do, as the majority of life travelers. Once my mind is under control, I’ll be able to anticipate travel conditions and maintain control so my writing journey is an adventure and not an aggravation.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,