If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, November 18, 2007

More Happy versus Happier


Words are merely mechanisms to convey meaning. Desperate clinging to the English language, especially in informal settings, in light of its ad libbed existence and erratic tendencies, is retentive of ignorance and an incontinence of sense.

If I am already happy and my happiness increases and I want to describe this feeling should I say I am more happy or happier? While considering this pseudo-dilemma should I hold my lips and buttocks as tightly as possible or is it more lovely or lovelier to relax and communicate in the manner of the moment?

I said “more happy.”

”You dress like that and talk like that?” interrupted the cool whipper.

Yep! And I also write like that and like this and any other way that says what I choose to convey. Oh, and by the way, f**k you!

At times I grunt, groan, whoop, hoot and holler to express myself quite effectively. Pray tell their proper usage. Meaning and communication of ideas, thoughts and emotions comes from words, actions, silence, absence, physiological changes, etc. in combinations far more superior than English.

Word usage for “proper English” sake has a so much more far greater uselessness than it does utility. In fact, “proper English” is logically inconsistent and plagued with internal turmoil, thus the constant confusion. This guarantees everyone will succumb to the schizophrenic English language from time to time, especially in personal settings.

No need for the proper police to panic. Extolling English is not the educational epitome of enlightenment. In fact, according to simplistic linguistics, the less “proper” you allow yourself to be, the more happier you will become.

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,