If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Serenity Serene


I love nature-soft sounds. I'm adrift. Deep breaths lift me into the space above dancing grasses and waving trees. The evening wind tickles the garden and brushes me playfully. Insects announce the changing of guarding lights and that rain is almost ready. The moisture-laced aroma wakens memories like the smell of baking bread. Sprinkles drizzle through colander clouds streaking the soft pale blue. I love the exchange of emptying and filling, hunger slowly fed, sinking into rest, and dusk driven flowers awakening to accent the dimming light and to feed creatures of the night.

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,