If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Personal Growth: It's Your Job!


I need a job. I have to go to my second job. I have two or three jobs. My job is... None of these statements are talking about working on personal growth.

Time used working on personal growth is often relegated to “if I have” time. That's like taking care of personal health or personal hygiene at random or when it's convenient or when prompted by talk shows or only around New Year's Resolution time.

You won't fall into this spare time crime if you love yourself. When you love yourself you will not only take care of your health, nutrition and cleanliness, you will also take care of your growth. This means there is only one resolution you'll ever need - a commitment to personal growth. This means all that stuff you think about doing or know you should not be doing or that you ain't happy about will each get more consistent attention simply because you're devoting more time to personal growth.

It's no secret working on your inner self will give you the most opportunities and best chances to fulfill whatever you seek in life including dealing with all the unfairness. But you ask, “What about all those fudged up people doing and having what I want?” I say, If you are willing to trade that for spiritual satisfaction, go for it. Then you say, “I'll fix that once I get all the fame and fortune they have. I'll be able to afford it.” I say, They don't, you won't and you can't. Finally you say, “Eat, Drink and be Merry for tomorrow we die!” I say, We reap how we think so be wary for what kills is sorrow and lies.

In reality, personal growth should be simultaneous with breathing. Personal growth is one of the essential functions. Although personal growth is not required to be alive, it is critical to feeling alive; therefore, make personal growth your job.

Most people say, “I do my job.” Really?

Technorati Tags:
, , ,