If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Monday, December 31, 2012

77 Mini Self-Assessments For Better Nutrition & Health

Food Fight #48

There are many check-ups we must do ourselves. Many are useful as basic reminders to guide us back on track. Each question/answer can serve as an early indicator of an area for possible improvement. Some questions may not be appealing; but hey, we're all adults. The sooner we get used to performing these mini self-assessments, the sooner we can make adjustments to our overall quest for better nutrition and health.

To benefit the most, consider each response before moving to the next question. It would also be useful to write down responses and then go back and circle areas that require attention.

1. Is nutrition my main priority?
2. Am I drinking mostly water?
3. Is my urine clear or almost clear?
4. Am I resting or sleeping when I feel tired?
5. Do I wake up naturally?
6. Do my bowels move every day?
7. What am I eating to cause my solid waste to smell like death? Eating lifeless fake food causes unhealthy internal conditions and creates odors. This imbalanced internal environment leads to dis-ease. The body is not at ease because it is under stress from not getting what it needs.
8. Does the majority of my daily intake come from plants?
9. Am I eating enough food that has only been cooked by Mother Nature? Fruits are the most common foods eaten this way but so should vegetables. How do we think humans prospered before the use of fire? Cooking is not necessary to the degree we think.
10. Does my flatulence flat out stink? However common this is, it ain't normal. See #7.
11. Do I realize fiber in plants also feeds the good bacteria in my colon? When they are fed, they release clean gas. In other words, daily odorless gas is a good sign and vice versa. Having no gas is a bad sign.
12. Since there are 168 hours in a week and I work 40 hours, what happens to the other 128 hours? 128 hours equals five, 24 hour days plus an additional 8 hours.
13. Do I use time to sit down, shut up, shut out and open up?
14. Am I making myself the priority?
15. Am I in rhythm or in a routine?
16. What can I do well if I am not faithful to it?
17. Am I more excited about the possibilities on days I don't have to go to work?
18. When I put my energy into something or someone, what am I getting in return?
19. Am I underestimating my worth?
20. Am I listening to my body?
21. Am I studying and practicing in the areas I wish were better?
22. Am I listening to my spirit?
23. Am I feeding my spirit emotional soup?
24. What am I thinking?
25. Am I wasting what I can't make while making what I can't take?
26. Am I eating food or simply edible stuff?
27. In my revised plan for success do I plan to self-assess?
28. Do I realize nutrition is the key to success?
29. Am I eating what helps me live and heals or what keeps me alive and slowly kills?
30. Am I making a difference with what makes me different?
31. Am I doing myself a favor only focusing on flavor?
32. Am I using the advantage of intuition?
33. What am I going to change?
34. Am I doing what needs to be done?
35. Is what gives me security, secure?
36. Am I doing anything that defeats my purpose?
37. What am I putting on my body that is getting into my body?
38. Am I aware what I put on my skin gets into my body?
39. Am I doing what it takes to get good cells or only to get good sales?
Self-commitment loves self-assessment. Though health is not usually approached in this manner, it is still imperative our bodies, minds and spirits receive rest and nutrition. When they don't, they are under stress. As long as this imbalance exists these parts of us remain in a constant state of stress because they are always playing catch up. As long as we continue to live this way, our minds, bodies and spirits never get a chance to move beyond where they are or heal.
40. What am I breathing?
41. What am I exposing my spirit to?
42. Do I realize pain is a warning sign, including headaches?
43. Am I feeding my spirit?
44. What am I fighting?
45. Am I fighting outside of myself more than inside myself?
46. What am I exposing my mind to?
47. Have I identified my enemies?
48. Does my cognition also depend on nutrition?
49. Am I looking for monetary proof before I pay attention to the truth?
50. Am I enjoying myself, me and I?
51. What am I a faithful servant to?
52. Am I feeding dysfunction?
53. Am I absorbing sunlight?
54. Am I doing all I can before looking elsewhere?
55. Do I realize the Doctor ordered food for the body, the soul and the mind long before any other prescription?
56. Do I realize body, mind and soul all eat the same things?
57. Am I eating what I was created to eat?
58. If I don't have what I want is it because I don't get it?
59. Am I learning?
60. Am I going with my flow?
61. What is my flow?
62. Am I living to maximize income or optimize living?
63. How much of my resource time do I spend with other aspects of nature?
64. How often do my body, mind and spirit get together and do something?
65. Am I eating fresh whole foods?
66. Am I growing any of my own food? One seed, one spot or pot.
67. Do I consider meat a requirement and salad optional?
68. Do I fully understand the powers of food?
69. Am I my weakest link?
70. Have I decided to go through the process to get to success?
71. What is feeding my emotions?
72. Am I moving towards balance?
73. Am I still trying?
74. Have I spoken each of my purposes out loud?
75. Am I aware imbalance in any area is an early warning sign of failure?
76. What am I waiting for?
77. Do I believe in myself?

Though not of the most common type, these self-assessments are necessary. They only require (1) paying attention to ourselves, (2) truth and (3) willingness. Hopefully we've written down the answers and can keep them and/or this list in a place for easy review (bathroom, refrigerator or at our fingertips whenever we may have some idle time).

Related: Epilogue: Back To Plan A