If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Blogging For Babies - Part II


With over 70 million blogs and growing and millions of websites with content, what makes me think anything other than a behemoth, all-consuming effort will land my writing blog anywhere near the top 40, unless I live, eat and breathe in the blogosphere. I created a blog to enhance my writing objectives, not take over. I’ve found myself trying to create a blogdom and my ambition, long since gone awry. Along the way, I have found a few things that don’t take much time:

  1. Google Analytics helps me measure my website’s traffic.

  2. I created a list of favorite websites using “Template,” “Add a Page Element,” “Link List.”

  3. I maximized my ability to add page elements by going to “Template,” “Edit HTML” and searching for all occurrences of “showaddelement.” Then changing “no” to “yes.” I verified the results under “Template,” “Page Element.”

  4. I’ve saved notes to refer to each time I post using “Settings,” “Formatting,” “Post Template.” Notes to “Read Aloud,” “Spell Check,” “Check Links,” etc. have been helpful reminders. This is the perfect place to save frequently used HTML code, copies of basic links, links opening in new pages, picture links and anchor text links.

  5. I periodically type my name, user name, blog name, post titles and keywords into search engines to see what others see.

  6. Google Alerts helps me monitor words, phrases and topics of my choice.

  7. After accumulating content, I set up a Google AdSense Account. This allows advertisements related to my blog to be placed on my blog. In return I might earn money.

I love technology but hate technical stuff. Blogging is something I can do without an HTML degree as long as a steady, long-term perspective is maintained. I definitely can’t put all my energy into one blogsket. Ultimately, I am a wordsmith not a widget maker.

Technorati Tags:
, , ,