If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Monday, December 29, 2014

A Bird Follows Me And Now I Know Why
Proverb Poem Of Understanding
Unity Consciousness #68

A Bird Follows Me And Now I Know Why

by Usiku

A bird follows me with damaged wing
Badly in need of healing
Both bird and wing
Neither no longer “becoming”
Unable to fully express being
The bird snaps at me for attempting
To do a little wing doctoring
This happens when much suffering
Is paired with lack of understanding
Even so, the bird can still sing
Though wing and self need repairing
To restore bond of inner and outer things
Which compels me to stop merely feeding
Because though I'm handing
The bird is not reaching, barely opening
Thus I adjust listening and teaching
To the bird's needing
To be unbound from the ground
And false notions weighing it down
To develop foundational hungering
That fuels healing and flying
That won't allow limping along and getting by
But feeds the longing with what satisfies
The truth of self is where reality lies
And also strength and the wherewithal to fly
A bird follows me and now I know why
The only thing that can't be saved
Is that not given a hard enough try
Effort must come from both sides
I followed the bird towards understanding