If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Monday, June 8, 2015

A Symptom of Failing Health: I Know Myself
Unity Consciousness #289

.

To stop learning is to cut off the breath of life from part of my being. It also lessens the force of the connected nourishing flow of life to all other parts of my being.

When I say “I know myself,” I am displaying a symptom of failing health.

When I say, “I know myself” as if to say I have completed all understanding about self or I know enough about the most important parts about myself, I am suffering from failing health.

Knowing myself must be ongoing, even beyond the grave.

Even if I have grown to know myself better than I did previously, if I stop learning, then those understandings I have acquired will move towards becoming surface understandings because I have become stagnated and motionless in growth.

Knowing self is a starting point for understanding all else. Until I understand all else, I do not know myself.

Knowledge begets knowledge and invites knowledge. Knowledge does not stop knowledge. Knowledge is not an end, it is a means. Knowledge is a means to stay in rhythm with an ongoing eternity. If I stop the process of knowing myself, I will suffer from failing health and cut myself off from eternity.