If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Monday, February 15, 2016

Contexture: A Chain Of Keepsakes | Poem
Unity Consciousness #591

.

Contexture: A Chain Of Keepsakes | Poem

by Ancestors through Usiku


I placed keepsakes around my neck
The contexure I was much too young to assess
And too trusting to suspect
The ongoing effects
Of every concept
I began to collect

I grew to love my chain of keepsakes
And still today, in some way
I keep adding to it
Though I clearly struggle under the weight
The cause and effects of these concepts
I have not yet begun to correlate
So I just do whatever it takes
Justify to hide thoughts and feelings
As cracks grow and my keepsakes break

With decision-making determination
I keep on keeping on
Putting the same and all information
Into a falling apart contextual configuration
Proudly, in keeping with my education
Thought after thought process
I base on handed-down-to-me contexts
Even though they fail the highest tests
I still have not, as of yet
Taken time for my self, to inspect
I continue to accept it's okay to protect
My precious little keepsakes
My not so little keepsakes
Feelings for you I'll never forsake
You've been there every step I take
Your familiarity covers my behavior with blanket faith

My thought patterns follow what contexts shape
Layer by layer my choices are made to fit
Even though many of them contradict
I chose not to edit my concepts or choices
Instead I ignore Nun's mirror image voices
Continue to choose to live for keepsakes
Rather than self-improve to understand
All the ways and things in my life
Context creates and dictates