1. doesn't cost any money and/or
2. requires nothing from you except to accept and take. In all likelihood, your definition and the generally accepted suboptimal definition are at least a partial match. Now compare this to a more optimal definition:
1. what the Creator has provided.
2. always requires responsibility.
3. use of freedom always involves a choice between higher and lower, conscience and ego.
4. is a process – an ongoing process.
5. requires nutrition – ongoing nutrition.
6. is the first state of life.
7. is in fundamentals, Primordials and basic needs.
8. requires struggle - just as it does for the butterfly emerging from cocoon, for seed emerging from seed coat and soil, for baby breaking through egg shell and for baby squeezing and pushing through birth canal – all this to continue to be free.
9. uniting in each other's struggle is what it takes to be free at last as we all were at first.
Feeling Freeby Ancestors through Usiku
Some are feeling their free will
Feeling free to kill
Others feeling free to sit still
Sharp is the dividing line
Not wide enough for behinds
Yet this position many are trying
And why pain runs free for a time
What Free Will Entails By Definition & Example
Unity Consciousness #419