If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tired of Dreaming


I’ve dreamed enough. Wrapped my gifts with their purposes. Announced them to the world. Made myself accountable. Now, I’m tired of talking about: dreaming, pursuing the dream, living the dream…Just as I can’t talk and listen at the same time, neither can I walk and dream simultaneously.

Discussing dreams has limited value. I’m continuously shown that no matter what I do or say, others will summarize to suit themselves. In addition, they will take my plain and simple intent and surmise one of their own in a “there must be an ulterior motive” kind of way.

My brother’s unspoken and unheralded dream now exists in his reality. It is the daily, do-what-it-takes, direct result of each step it took to make it back on both tracks after 25 years. My dream of making a living as a writer and entrepreneur is now showing as a silent movie without color commentary.

Technorati Tags:
, , ,