If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Read & Write Better by Helping People


I received this note:

I cannot express in words how much you have helped me and above all inspired me to reach my goals. Thank you for all your good advice.”

The ability to help is a blessing. Though busy, I must always take time to connect with people, acknowledge their requests, trials, successes, projects, anniversaries, birthdays, graduations and their need to talk. Though giving back takes time, it also gives energy to the community and to the universe.

However, I won’t volunteer and give my time by neglecting myself. Neither will I help those who don’t help themselves, others or me when I really need it.

Helping people hones my intuitive self. Volunteering sensitizes me to things that might otherwise go unnoticed and taken for granted, thus allowing me to read the surer signs of life better. By working on this ability to see beneath the surface I learn to make better connections, thus communicate better in writing and in relationships.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,