If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Single Parents Coping Using Self-Esteem

“I am writing this in the midst of a re-evaluation of myself; a re-evaluation of the day-to-day decisions I make--and how they affect the life of my own child. Although I feel the decisions I make as a parent for the physical well being of my child are sound, I have failed to realize the possible long term negative impact that some of my personal decisions may have on my son as he grows to be a man.“ [From A Woman's Work by Francesca Hargrove in (The Liberator Magazine 1.2 #2)]

Related:

Listen to the song, Here & Now by Francesca Hargrove

Simply put, self-esteem is knowledge of self.

“So-called single parents get no merit badges if they are not doing what is critically necessary for children by bringing all resources to bear on their behalf. Parents operating under the living martyrdom syndrome that they are going it alone are going about it all wrong. There is a universe of possibilities.” (From Family Planning Developments, Self-Esteem And Abuse & Neglect Context)

”Human genetics are shaped before conception, during fetus development and after being born. During each of these three stages, our parents/caregivers can influence our genetics. During each of these stages, anyone can influence our genetics by affecting our parents/caregivers. During each of these stages, the ecosystem can influence our genetics. After we are born, humans can shape their own individual personal genetic instructions. After we are born, all of us can influence the genetics of other living beings.”(From Definition: Human Genetics' Changing Influences & Responses Context