If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Poem | I Need A New Television

I Need A New Television

by Usiku

No matter how I change the settings
I keep getting what I’m getting
Mental fillers in stereo
Netting me less than zero
In my personal growth
The thing I need to watch most

What's good fundamentally
Is unnoticeably absent from TV
My misfortune is my good reception
That contributes to my poor perception
When it comes to what's on screen
Nothing is as normal as it seems

I linger until critical thoughts are numb
Can't figure out who I've become
Or how I sprained my channel thumb

Related Posts

History Poem | Education Rights To An Honorary Doctorate Edumacation

During childhood, my trust in authority figures such as parents, siblings, relatives, TV, schools and churches was at its zenith.