If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

History Poem | Education Rights To An Honorary Doctorate Edumacation

Education Rights To An Honorary Doctorate Edumacation

by Usiku

Edumacation, you depletes me
With mastery of stupidity
E're'body so proud-like of me
Seeings I'm less den intended to be
I was doing so darn well
Killing myself to successfully fail
Dey jes up and hands me dis PhD
Sez it represents symbolically
What I'm working fuh actually
No greatness necessary
No knowledge of self especially
Jes keep on trying to get it
By earning credits on credit
Then trying to cash dem dere degrees
Somehows dey done trick-and-treated me
Promised to provide the key to locks
Education's sho'nuff good, I thought
All I got was dis here big ol' rock
A no saving grace papered weight
To go with this chosen hard place
I sees now I's plumb dumb
Thanks a lot, edumacation

Know Thyself Poem/Proverb

Natural Hair Poem, Untwisting Perceptions

African Tribute Poem: Baba Receives Permission To Speak

Related Quotes:


Children cannot be left behind if they are sent to school with self-esteem...Simply put, self-esteem is knowledge of self.

During childhood, my trust in authority figures such as parents, siblings, relatives, TV, schools and churches was at its zenith.

I am so much more than designations such as someone's child, sibling, friend, parent, spouse, neighbor, job title, group affiliation, ethnicity or national identity.

Manifest Essence has nothing to do with career, job, occupation, what is done for a living or the type of work I choose.

Most people know they cannot be who they are at their jobs. They cannot be their true selves.

We must progress through levels of intuition before we can graduate to earn degrees of wisdom.