If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Many Rivers To Cross Of Understanding
An African Proverb, Part 2
Unity Consciousness #78

This is an extension of ”Meet Me At The River Of Understanding.”

Just Get There

People who won't come to the riverside or who tarry too long down by the riverside are people to push to the side, attention-wise. (This is in keeping with know thy self). I will not allow these people to get in my way if they are not trying to reach understanding. If these people know another way to get there, more power to them, because the following point of view is true: “I don't care how you get there, get there if you can.”

If these people think they have already reached understanding and I know I have not, yet we are both on the same side of the river, at least one of us needs to move on. One of us needs to move on mentally, emotionally and spiritually because understanding is not a physical place. Even so, to get to understanding we often must move away from someone physically.

I can always know without a doubt if I and another person have reached the same understanding by comparing our behavior. If our behavior is complementary, we are in the same place of understanding.

I must be careful here. I must slow down and be clear about what I have just said to myself: just because I have reached the same understanding as another doesn't mean I am in the right place of understanding. Sameness of understanding is not the same thing as rightness of understanding.

What is rightness of understanding? Behavior that complements an ecosystem that complements the Creator's ecosystem.

Seeds Of Understanding

It would be great if everyone could reach understanding at the same time. This ain't going to happen. All seeds planted at the same time do not germinate at the same time. Some seeds never germinate. All plants that germinate at the same time do not grow at the same rate or produce at the same rate. Not all plants that germinate reach maturity.

More Understanding Ahead

I, myself, must not tarry too long down by any riverside. I must move on. I must go ahead and return to the other side of understanding already reached because there are many rivers to cross.