If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, August 8, 2021

How Do People Determine Truth & Trust?
Unity Consciousness #2514

(9ayr of 11)

Truth and the lie have been much discussed to help us break the deeply-rutted ingrained automatic habit of using an inadequate faulty suboptimal “thought process” in determining what is truth and who to trust. Like all things, a significant part of any process is preparation before the process begins. Then comes the rest, the review, the adjustment, the update and the refresh

1. What kind of preparation have I made before I put information into my “thought process” and spit out a conclusion decision?
2. How have I been prepared to think and behave the way I do?
3. Do I have enough information (evidence, perspective) to know truth from lie, true from false, real from fake, reality from illusion?
4. Do I know that others know what they are talking about?
5. How do I know?
6. Do I believe others know what they are talking about?
7. Why do I believe that?
8. Have my source(s) been truthful in the past?
9. Has this source ever lied to me?
10. Do my sources have my best interests in mind?
11. Do my sources view me as equal in all aspects, thus worthy of all considerations as those who are supplying or promoting the information?
12. Do my sources view the entirety as greater?
13. In other words, do my sources have the same worldview context as me?
14. Is my context worldview optimal or suboptimal?
15. Have I verified information, including definitions and meanings?
16. Have I asked enough questions?
17. Have I doublechecked the answers to questions?
18. Am I acquitting information as being not guilty of being a lie because I have not cross-examined thoroughly enough?
19. Am I living in a super elastic bubble plastic matrix of illusion where lies are freer and easier because they are spoon fed, but truth requires the effort of looking honestly in the mirror at self and the mirrors of natural examples of nature's behaviors and human behaviors?
20. Am I making the basic mistake of thinking government, businesses, media, universities, hospitals, scientists and experts are different people who do not all have the same agenda (asili)?
21. Am I making the basic mistake of thinking a person who has money, position or “success” in one area, is trustworthy in another?
22. Am I making the basic mistake of thinking that just because information from a source “worked out” for me, that all information from that source will help me, thus I don't have to independently verify or critically analyze every single time?
23. Am I at least using the same method of knowing who and what to trust that I use in personal relationships?
24. Am I making the basic mistake of misapplying the law of large numbers?
25. Am I making the basic mistake of misapplying the law of small numbers?
26. Am I following groupthink like a lost dog who needs a human master?
27. Am I following the sunken cost fallacy?
28. For instance, well, since my health is not strong and my immune system is weak and my lifestyle is not healthy and I am not living in harmony with the natural world in terms of food (medicine), mind, emotions and spirit and I don't have enough understandings to be confident in knowledge of self and all else in terms of selfcare healthcare, then I “might as well” stick to the quick fix shortcut to health so when a virus appears, it activates my fears so I might as well do something (take a blue pill-like vaccine that magically appears) to calm me down until the next false notion comes 'round to keep me unsound.
29. In other words, even though I know I am in quicksands of falsehoods pulling on my genetic potential, I continue to rely on the sunken cost fallacy and say to myself: “I've entrusted my thinking and behavior to this society and this culture so I “might as well” keep going because this way of life is the best thing going.”
30. If I can improve on any one of the above, I can improve knowledge of self and get better at knowing who and what to trust.

Just as I was about to post this message, a message appeared on BET cable network that said viruses mutate all the time and that current vaccines are adequate against all variants of covid currently circulating.