If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Certain Desires | Communicating Higher Through Prayer
Unity Consciousness #148

.

Just as the Child seeks to communicate with the Mother, so also does Creation seek to communicate with the Creator.

The desire to communicate with other beings is natural. It is a basic need.

Prayer is one of the ways humans seek to fulfill this desire to communicate with the Mother of their birth - the Higher.

Prayer is just one part of a communication process that includes the art of conversation.

This simply means when I attempt to communicate through prayer, I must also listen to the other being I am seeking to communicate with.

Just as the Mother seeks to communicate with the Child, so also does the Creator seek to communicate with Creation.

What Prayer Is Not

Contrary to recent belief, prayer is not the answer. Prayer is part of the process that leads to the answer.

Neither is prayer a dropbox for burdens or a way to place an order for things I want.

Prayer is not about, “Well, I prayed. I put it in God's hands. Now I'm gonna let God handle it.”

If I am using prayer in this fashion, then what am I for? Does the Creator need me to use prayer as a way to notify the Creator what needs to be done?

Since the Creator already knows what's going on everywhere all the time, the power and purpose of prayer is not to drop off things I don't want along with a list of things I do want.

What Prayer Is For

I now understand prayer is a method of communication. I must use this communication with the Higher to move me Higher. It occurs to me if I stay in constant contact with the Higher, I give myself the greatest opportunity to pickup whatever is necessary to help me fulfill the multipurposed life and existence I am here for.

An overall prayerful approach to life that maintains constant conversation with the Higher seems preferable to a life filled with periodic scheduled prayers and reactive prayers. I must pray without ceasing by making it a part of each choice, thus each footstep as I seek to know my way.

Like conversation, prayer should lead each party to the conversation to places that help them become better.

Prayer in the manner it should be helps both the Creator and me fulfill our purposes.

How this is so is briefly explained below.

Live Prayerfully To Know Yourself How To Fulfill Your Needs

The Ancestors said, “Know Yourself” because the Creator is also seeking to know self. Prayer that is for the purpose of fulfilling my purposes also helps the Creator, in, and me improve knowledge of self.

That certain desire, once hidden in prayer, has now been revealed. What I need foremost and first through prayer is understanding. Understanding is what I seek though I may misspeak for many other things.

I must pray for understanding that leads to experience to nutrition to knowledge of self to purposes to choices to footsteps to salvation to unity consciousness with the Higher that fulfills and exceeds my needs.