If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunstar Children | Short Story
Unity Consciousness #174

.

The more sunlight I get
The blacker I get
The more light I emit
More waves transmit

Shape-shifting is normal. It is the same as transformation and change. It is the transition necessary to process.

Babies are taken to the ocean to swim in the shallows. Waves transfer energy to assist. Turnips are thrown into the water. The children retrieve them easily because they both float. Monkeys watch from the hilltop.

Berry branches sway low over the waters of this cove. Some fruit are green and some are red. The children know which ones are ready. Their senses honed by memories.

I lack knowledge, myself only, so I ask one child what the berry is called. He won't tell me. I turn for a moment and he has disappeared. I'm worried but none of the parents or other children are. I realize this is normal for them. The older children laugh and play with a giant floating palm seed.

Glistening water is warming and relaxing around me. I walk onto dry sand and waves follow as far as they can. Perhaps because I am the last to leave. Perhaps like me they need. I listen and linger.

A child's voice guides me to a sprouting seed. I gather earth around it then touch it with both hands until what I've stored transfers. Akhet Khufu's smile brightens. The sun winks goodbye or was that an awakening star?