If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Making Nutritional Progress With Natural Peanut Butter
Unity Consciousness #429

.

In 2009, I began eating natural peanut butter. My first reaction to the taste was strongly negative. My brain translated the traumatic shock to my taste buds into “this stuff is awful.” I had purchased a 28 ounce jar. This fact, combined with my unwillingness to just throw otherwise good food away, worked to my advantage. My initial thoughts were to fight my way through eating the peanut butter and then not purchase any more.

After about the third try, I began to notice less of a negative reaction from my taste buds. My brain began to question my taste buds rather than question the peanut butter. Somewhere between the fourth and sixth try, I was feenin' for natural peanut. It was the first choice in the morning and last choice at night. I ran out of peanut butter so quickly, I purchased several jars at once.

Over time, the cells in our bodies adjust the best they can to whatever we give them on a regular basis. It also takes time for them to readjust. This understanding, just like natural peanut butter, is empowering.

Just to be clear, there is no such thing as a quick fix, one-part solution. At the same time I started eating natural peanut butter, I started taking in more water and other homegrown, fresh, uncooked food and eating less manufactured stuff. In 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months noticeable improvements in body functioning took place. There is always progression to progress. Sometimes it moves slowly, then fast, then slowly, then fast...as we move through stages.

Today, many foods that were strong of taste to me several years ago, I addictively consume in much larger amounts. A direct unexpected benefit has been the strong physical reaction my nose and lungs have within 10 seconds of being in the vicinity of household cleaners being used. I welcome a strong negative reaction to many more toxic things. My experience with natural peanut butter has helped my cells recalibrate in favor of what's natural.

Two Easy Ways To Mix Oil Back Into Natural Peanut Butter

Natural peanut butter is supposed to have oil on top. If it doesn't, something "extra and questionable" has been added to cause the natural peanut oil to remain bound to the solid peanut paste. Peanut paste plus peanut oil equals natural peanut butter.

1. "Store the peanut butter upside down for a week, so the oil traverses all the way through the jar and its contents, then turn it right way up for another week, and repeat again in each direction. Each trip through the jar mixes the oil with the solids a little more, and it's fairly homogeneous after four turns." (paraphrased from Seasoned Advice)

2. Watch the video: How to Stir Old Fashioned Natural Peanut Butter. A variation of this method is just to pour the oil into a clean plastic container or mason jar or any jar you can save that has a lid.