If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Egyptian Lovers, Khartum Discovers
Monumental Age Of Egypt
Unity Consciousness #1518

.

(Part 9ov of 11)

It was 3:18 a.m. as far as I could tell through the fog. For at least an hour earlier, I was half-asleep with the sense that something large was watching me. I didn't move for an hour. Finally I heard it.

How long you gonna act like you're asleep?

(My ears pop open, then my eyes) What? (I say this honestly but it comes off as pretentious because I'm trying to figure out why the presence I had been feeling felt larger than one person. As my thoughts are rambling around scrambling to unscramble, she gets right to the point, she has been holding onto for the past hour)

What's my name?

(There are times in life that define us more than other times, clearly this was now) Egip, I mumble (I'm already falling back to half-asleep.)

What!? Say it again!

(Every wise person knows, there are times to simply do as you're told, live, and fight another day another way) Egypt!! I yell, pushing through the stuff in my throat and into covers half-wrapped around my head.

What makes you think my last name is my entire name?

That's the name you told me.

That's the question you asked.

(I'm slowly trying to come up with the perfect response and turn the tables. In the meantime, she continues)

How long have we been together?

(Me, being stupid) Forever. Oomph!

(Just before “oomph” she punched me. So I defend myself) It feels like forever I foolishly say, as I cover my head and brace for impact. (She hits me on my butt and pushes me towards the edge).

We've been together long enough, but waking up, going through the same motions and going to sleep is not enough for you to understand me better.

(She pauses long enough for me to scream, but I am not completely stupid. Luckily silence is on the side of the unwise who follow the second greatest rule: do not allow a loss for words to be overruled simply to prove you've got the nerves)

I have many other names. Egypt is my begotten name on a forgotten chain. Not the name I was born with and not the name I claim when I came into my own after I left home.

(At this point my sensing abilities are reactivated, recalibrated to the flow anticipated to be inundated that causes seeds to be germinated. I am recaptivated as the day we met, anxious to know more of the mystery I forgot to keep seeking. I finally sit up and reach to turn the light on. She stops me)

I am darkness and light, me and you.

(I've now learned the secret. Shut up, listen, speak when spoken to and only when asked a direct question, answer slowly, briefly. Most times I don't need to speak because she reads body language and spirit vibrations very well.)

All my life I've been waiting for you and now it feels like the little bit you know about me, is enough....It's not.

(I need to go pee, but I hang in there cause I'm a soldier....who doesn't like to be a sucker, punched. We used to talk like this all the time until we, perhaps I, succumbed to the routine of things and she and I became another one of those things to do after other things are done) (Because I am still a fool, I speak before being asked to) So tell me one of your other names.

If I gave you a list you still wouldn't understand.

(Moonlight through the closer skylight, highlights her lengthy sinuous Nile Valley style as she lays there on one side with her hand supporting her head. Statuesque and at ease, I suspect she could hold this pose, longer than I can stay out of trouble.)

You must seek me eagerly. as you did before. Find where I bloom and follow it to its cocoon until you understand I am my parent's child who started in Khartum.

(Because she knows I am sometimes slow to catch on, her love for me helps me to the point of focus)

I am Egypt, the one who begins in Khartum. I was not born yesterday, so to speak, as those uninitiated into my private places, might think. I have gone through many transformations while remaining unchanged. I am the last of the Golden Ages and first of the Silver Ages.

(That's just like her. Wanting me to know, experience and have everything she is, but needing me to treat it as something still worthwhile pursuing. Not as in an elusive pretentious chase, but as in taking conducive steps towards each other) (It's now only about 4 a.m. and the usual chorus of birds begin chattering. I listen for I don't know how long. Dynamic forces cause me to slowly slide until I am laying beside her face-to-face and all I can see in twilight is the other side of me.) (She is asleep, so I dust off the journal of my journey and write...) Lover Discovers, Lovers Discovers (Each step of the way I am sure and unsure. I'm in love with a long lost friend I barely understand.)