If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Monday, February 10, 2020

Lorraine Hansberry & Renaissances Of Rewriting History
Unity Consciousness #1998

.

( 9aey of 11)

To Be Young, Gifted and Black (1972) | Ruby Dee Al Freeman

Paraphrased from the video:
Until black people are completely interwoven into the fabric of society, they are under no obligation to behave as if we were. Whether we like the word or not, the condition of our people dictates that we can only be called “revolutionary attitudes.” I think then that black people must concern ourselves with every single means of struggle – legal, illegal, passive, active, violent and nonviolent. We must harass, petition, debate, give money to core struggles, sit-in, lie down, strike, boycott, sing hymns, pray on steps and shoot from our windows when the racists come cruising through our communities, in official capacities or not. The acceptance of our present condition is the only form of extremism that discredits us before our children.
I am a
My freedom came when I understood, all I was trying to do was communicate the ideas in my head, in my spirit. As long as the words serve that purpose, then the actual form of paragraphs and sentences are secondary to me and are areas of freedom to follow some rules but also create new rules. Thus I have satisfied both the criteria and the critic. I follow the pattern of how nature is written. My writing form is free-flowing because my spirit is. This then gives writing room to evolve, even as it duplicates. This must be so. Because as sure as there are many ways to complete the sentence, I am a - - there are also many nuances to being whatever we are and doing whatever we do. This we have reflected and been shown. Now's the time to remember and be known.

The world needs our gifts. Reopen them one and all, at once, renaissance, rewrite history.